Sunday, March 3, 2013

The beginning...

When Cade was three, he was jumping hills and doing tricks on his little red 12" bike. He would stand on the seat and attempted to ride with no hands. Cade has always been persistant with everything he does and will try and try again until he has mastered it. One day, he must have seen a motocross race on t.v. because he began asking for a dirt bike. When we asked why he wanted a dirt bike he simply replied "I want a dirt bike so I can jump it over a pit of fire!" The animated arm movements, and the seriousness in his voice let me know that he would eventually jump a pit of fire on a dirt bike. I would just be the moto-mom waiting in the pits with a water bottle.
That was almost 6 years ago. I am finally ready to send him out on a machine that weighs more than he does so he can try to attain his dream of being a professional dirt bike rider.

-Moto-mom

No comments:

Post a Comment